Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mary had a "Not so little Lamb"


So for anyone who knows my daughter Sarah Gray knows she is obsessed with little lambs. Starting with a baby lamb the Easter Bunny brought when she was 10 months old, we are probably up to about 10 now. And this doesn't include the little plastic ones she collects from here and there. The fact that we are surrounded by lamb farms here in Summerfield only fuels her obsession, as I have to literally stop the car on the road so she can look out the window and say hello to the lambs. She has always had this noise she makes, a sort of "baaaa" when she sees one, and no lie, this was Katherine's second word after her first, "uh-oh." This weekend, she and I made a trip to the Tractor Supply Company to get some dog food. I noticed when we walked in all their toys were 60% off. Scott had found these great pair of lamb slippers (they "baaa") for Christmas at the store..which she absolutely loves. She wanted to look at the toys..specifically a shelf full of extra, extra large stuffed farm animals. Sure enough, on the very bottom shelf, there was a lamb. Ok, so at 60% off $40, I was sort of leaning towards a purchase, but when she looked at me and in her lamb "shakey/baa" voice, she said "Pppllleease don't leave me in the store." I just died laughing and told her to load that lamb in the cart (it barley fit). This stuffed animal is quite large, and its not like we have the room for it..but she is just so in love with it! So tonight when I walked in her room to tuck her in..I just had to post this pic:



No comments: